Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What do I love?

All the things I love most are things that don't need to be sold to have value.
I love nature, and trees, and the birds and the bees. I love water, and food that is healthy for me. I love humans for sharing my thoughts when I need. I love music for listening when humans can't see.
These things have no pricetag or easily defined value; and as we become increasingly cutoff and separated from them in the structured world we are building, it becomes easier to lose concern and respect for them. So we let them go. We don't do this because we are mean. I think we do it because we sincerely just don't know. We are simply unaware, and that is okay. Being unaware gives us the ability to learn and become aware. We can either help people find awareness, or we can berate and belittle them. So easily we are able lower their self esteem, and then we are better able to coerce them into sharing our ideals. We can use scare tactics.

Or, we can love them. And we can encourage them to recognize the implications of their actions, good or bad. And we can allow them to love us. And we can allow them to recognize the implications of our own actions, good or bad. And we can ourselves recognize the implications of our own actions, good and bad. But ultimately, I believe a person has to make their own decisions, and all people are entirely capable of making their own decisions.

You are great.
And the greatest things in the world are things that don't need to be sold to have value.

Be true to yourself. If you can love yourself when others don't, that is real power. That power is in your hands alone. You hold the key to your happiness.

I have realized these things for myself recently. I am trying to love myself enough to withstand the haters. "Let the haters hate. Let the lovers love. Let the ballers ball."

No comments:

Post a Comment